MORE NONSENSE

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Building A Dream...Brick by Brick

The Jim and I are probably more in sync than we've ever been in the past and we're building a dream together. I must tell you, it's quite exciting!  For me personally, I have had a year of wonderful moments of openness and honesty this past year and hard moments of misunderstandings, anxiety and people who don't really know me well enough to know that I would and have never intentionally done anything in my life to hurt anyone.  However, I've mended fences with a few folks, closed the door on other chapters and all of these passages have lead me to a huge move forward in my life and in my dreams.

Jim and I have signed a lease on our very own space/place downtown in Knoxville to create an artist collective, and have the primary location for my dance studio/classes.  In fact, the dream became real faster and more suddenly than ever expected...like the minute the dark clouds rolled out of area, the sun came out and this amazing space became available for us to realize a few dreams of our own.  So, we worked hard, secured supporters and we did it...we put the money where our mouths are and we have our own place to work on together.  In addition, we realized all the people who have shown us openness and willingness to work towards a shared love, shared vision and shared dream were right there for us and behind us 100% to make this a reality.  We feel connected and hopeful and for that - we are grateful.

The most exciting thing, other than having complete creative control over your own destiny at this time is that the place that we've found has an INCREDIBLE history and will have a wall detailing that history within it's four walls.  Mind you we have a TON of stuff to do yet to get the place ready and more importantly, open for business, so we're not revealing a whole lot yet but we will give you a bit of the insider's view of owning your own collective and making it the place you've always imagined.  So stay tuned, and know this...dreams do come true.  Brick by brick we will create a small haven of hope, happiness and shared vision.  Lots to do...but totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment