MORE NONSENSE

Sunday, May 8, 2011

To TEMPLE We Go

Tonight, I finally took a break from all the house cleaning and pulled my sad-sack self together for a night out with the husband to TEMPLE.   In Knoxville, there is a weekly alternative club night called TEMPLE and it's a place where there is plenty of good people watching, some diverse music and some dancing.  We actually went to TEMPLE a few weeks ago because I'm friends with one of the people who hosts/runs the weekly club night and I had been invited numerous times.  I'm a sucker for a good 80s night and with it being an alternative club, I was pretty sure that a lot of the music they'd play that night was my favorite 80s-fare of new wave/dark wave hits.
Surprisingly, Jim and I had a great night.  I was nursing a super bad knee injury (that I'm still recovering from), but even though I couldn't dance, I rocked the booth chair dance. We laughed, we talked over the loud and lovely music and we united on our love of 80s classics.  Tonight, the lovely ladies of Salome' Cabaret (Knoxville's premier Burlesque Troupe), were taking over the dj-ing duties for the night so it was a good excuse for a second evening.

I think Jim and I are mostly impressed that this goth/alternative scene is still nicely active here in Knoxville.  While the crowd wasn't huge tonight, it was a dedicated bunch.  Most importantly, it's nice to know there's a place to go and dance where you don't have to be overly focused on trite dance music.  So, if you're into or interested in the alternative to lame night-clubs where DJs think they're GODS and want you to dance to their versions of todays hits - try a night at TEMPLE.  You just might like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment